Doncaster Rovers - Keepmoat Stadium
Doncaster Rovers Football Club
Doncaster Rovers Facebook Page
Doncaster Rovers Twitter Page
Doncaster Rovers Official Website
Last match I went to see: Doncaster Rovers 2-2 Gillingham, Saturday 16th January 2016, League One.
HISTORY/FACTS ABOUT DONCASTER ROVERS:
- Doncaster Rovers Football Club were formed in 1879. They were formed by Albert Jenkins, a fitter who worked at Doncaster's Great Northern Railway Works. Jenkins who was born in Doncaster, played for the club from 1879 till at least 1886.
- Rovers first entered in the FA Cup in the 1888-89 season losing to Rotherham Town 9-1 at home.
- They were first elected in the Football League in 1901, a replacement for New Brighton Tower FC.
- Doncaster's record League victory in 10-0 against Darlington in January 1964.
- Doncaster's 1st ever League title win was in 1897, winning the Midland Football League.
- Other successes include winning the League One title in 2013, League One Play Off winners in 2008, 2003 Play Off Final winners in the Conference and runners up in League Two in 2017.
- Doncaster have played at 3 previous grounds. Their 1st ground was the Intake Ground, they played there from 1885-1915. It is still being used today as a football field. Their 2nd ground was The Bennethorpe Ground, they played there for 2 years in 1920-1922. The club then moved to Belle Vue and played there until 2006 before moving to The Keepmoat on New Year's Day in 2007.
VISIT 1: Doncaster Rovers 1-2 Gillingham 13/12/14
VISIT 2: Doncaster Rovers 2-2 Gillingham 16/1/16
Doncaster Rovers 1-2 Gillingham
Saturday 13th December 2014
I have only been to the Keepmoat only the once, which was another ground off the list I was looking forward to do as it looked like a nice little ground to visit before I went. The time I went was just before Christmas in 2014 and was quite cold from what I can remember, and it was a rare Peter Taylor win as well which made Christmas even better! Anyway the time I went up there, I went by coach as I remember at the time was thinking of going by train but train prices were a bit dear, so decided to coach it in the end. Certainly a memorable day to remember!
Doncaster Rovers 2-2 Gillingham
Saturday 16th January 2016
My 2nd visit to Doncaster came in January 2016. Haven't got too much to say as of course I've visited Doncaster before, but yeah anyway, I left home around half 8 and left London just before 11 for Doncaster. Got into Doncaster round 12.20 as I thought I'd go and visit their old ground, Belle Vue and what was nice to see was the old terracing stand still exists at the old Belle Vue ground (as you can see below) which is soon to be demolished into houses. One of the best parts to away days which I like to do is visit old grounds which aren't there anymore as it's history. It's a shame some old grounds are remembered in some way, but it's not to see Belle Vue is sort of still there, with the road named after it. Anyway after seeing Gillingham lose a 2 goal lead once again, I left Doncaster just before 6 and got home around half 9, but yeah was a decent day.