Liverpool - Anfield
Liverpool Football Club
Liverpool Facebook Page
Liverpool Twitter Page
Liverpool Official Website
Last match I went to see: Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur, Wednesday 20th January 2010, Premier League.
HISTORY/FACTS ABOUT THE REDS:
- Liverpool Football Club were founded in 1892. They were founded following a dispute with their Merseyside neighbours Everton committee and also founded by John Houlding who at the time was owner of the land at Anfield.
- Originally the club were called "Everton FC and Athletic Grounds LTD" (Everton Athletic for short) but then were later renamed Liverpool FC.
- Liverpool reached their 1st FA Cup Final in 1914 against Burnley, but lost 1-0.
- Liverpool did win the 1992 (year I was born) FA Cup Final with a 2-0 win against Sunderland, goals from Michael Thomas and Ian Rush getting the goals.
- Liverpool have major rivalries, but the main 2 rivalries they have wish are the North West derby with Manchester United and the Merseyside derby with Everton.
- Liverpool are also known for winning their 5th European title in 2005 in Istanbul after winning the Champions League against AC Milan. Liverpool at the time were 3-0 down and came back to draw 3-3, and win on penalties.
- In 2001, they also had success after winning the treble, The FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup, a 2-1 win against Arsenal in the FA Cup, a penalty shoot out win against Birmingham City in the League Cup and a 5-4 Extra Time win against Spanish side Alaves in Dortmund.
VISIT 1: Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur 20/1/10
My first visit to Anfield came in January 2010. I was celebrating my 18th birthday 2 days later and as a result, I got tickets to go to Anfield for Liverpool vs Spurs as a birthday present from my parents. Originally the game was meant for the Sunday but the game got postponed due to the horrible cold weather, so the game got moved to a Wednesday which buggered up plans, but it didn't matter too much. I stayed in a Premier Inn for a night in Aintree and got to go to the game on the Wednesday. Since then, I have been a tour of Anfield back in 2013.